[Python-talk] JavaScript SIG?

Lloyd Kvam python at venix.com
Sun Jul 1 21:22:15 EDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-07-01 at 11:54 -0400, Bob Erb wrote:
> Howdy.
>
> I'm yearning for a JavaScript SIG, like the Python SIG. Can't find one.
>
> Know of any?

I don't.

I believe the pyjamas project
        http://pyjamas.pyworks.org/
is designed to help create javascript driven web pages using Python.
That may help scratch the Javascript itch.

I have "JavaScript, The Definitive Guide" by Flanagan on my book shelf
and pull it out when necessary, but generally avoid putting a lot of
Javascript into my HTML.  (I use the Firefox NoScript plugin and avoid
sites where the JavaScript usage is excessive, so I'm not a Javascript
enthusiast.  However, JavaScript is a bit of a necessary evil.)

I'd certainly be interested in improving my JavaScript skills, but you
might need to take the lead in organizing meetings and/or a Sig.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp